A regular meeting of the Board of Directors was held on June 7 via Teams meeting. Five directors were present. Highlights of the meeting include:
- Discussions with the Consumer Protection Branch director regarding interpretation of various Acts and regulations that affect the sale of goods by auction were reported, with no further action required by the Association
- Convention 2022: A live convention was postponed for one more year, with the decision to have the event via Teams format on February 1, 2023. Fundraising and professional development will still be presented, and further details will be published as decisions are made.
- Auction Era induction: Nominees will be pursued, and a live event will be held in a central location at a later date.
- The internet provider is changed to Starlink, and the SAA email will change to firstname.lastname@example.org
- The maturing General fund GIC was reinvested.
- The next meeting will be held on Tuesday, September 20, 2022.